Monday, March 19, 2012

You Never Know

Let me tell yal a story of karma. Back in 2010 I was working for the Census as a crew leader. One of my ACL was an apparently smart, friendly, and skilled young lady who got that job partly on my recommendation (after a previous ACL left the job). I know for a fact, based on some things she said to me, that she did not clock me at all while we worked together. When, during my term, an in-law passed away, she told me to "tell your husband they were praying for him and his family." She was always friendly and warm towards me. Also, by the way, was newly married to a guy she seemed to think was the practically perfect man. I added her (and a few other co-workers) as Facebook a friend.

After the job was over, she discovered my rather unusual situation and, I can only assume in a very poor reaction to having been "fooled", went nuts on me telling me how no one would ever believe I was a female (despite the fact she herself did for over six months) and being very blunt in telling me what an extremely low down and pathetic person I was for basically criminally destroying my marriage. Then she deleted me, but she "friended" my spouse.

So - guess which of us, between me and her, is separated from their mate and on their way to divorce court right now?

I take no pleasure in anyone else's pain, I wish her only the best. I actually really liked her and enjoyed her company and was pretty hurt when she turned on me. Still I cannot help but observe that her practically perfect man is the one screwing her over right now, not the "freak" she saw fit to judge (and yes, she used that specific word).

The sad part is - no lessons will be learned.

There's a verse in the New Testament which says "let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall."


Wise words. 

2 comments:

  1. Whoever points fingers should make sure their hands are clean.

    Interesting to see her opinion change when she learned about you. It is indeed sad that she reacted on learned prejudices rather than the real life experience of the time spent in the Census with you. This could have been a wonderful learning experience. Too bad she missed the "finals."

    I'm fond of the idea that ignorance is a curable condition. I have however made the observation that not everyone will accept the treatment before them.

    Ciao!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete